Thursday, October 25, 2007

Untouched

It's no secret that I have a thing for London. It’s one of those stubborn past relationships that won’t let me go; I went there in Spring 2005, and have felt strangely unmoored ever since. I love Londoners’ excessive tea drinking, their propensity to say “Cheers!” as a response to everything, the bizarre crimes they commit in lieu of gun violence (when I was there, it was something like axe-murdering cannibalism). And then, there is the undying and unholy love I have for the London Tube. If looking at shirtless Abercrombie models rocks your docks, that’s cool. But I’d rather look at this:

You can click on the map for a detailed view. I know you want one!
Anyway, it’s not surprising to me that in London, asexual characters are about to tread the boards. Yes folks, there is a play about to go up with an officially (as in, not just inferred by me) asexual character. The play is called "Untouched", and you can find the details here. There are also some interesting comments from the playwright here.
And the tickets are only 5 pounds! I’m so there in spirit.
I'm going to try to get my hands on a copy...

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi ...

Knowing that you love London, I stumbled upon this today and thought it would amuse you :-)

http://zombiegrrrl.typepad.com/brainlog/2007/11/i-heart-london.html

Hope the A-Team get togethers are continuing on OK. Maybe I'll make it to one in '08.

Cathy

Ily said...

Hee, thanks for posting that! That's a really clever idea. But, sad that the woman lost her job over them...maybe she should come and do SF Muni announcements. We are very much in need of a calming voice...