Friday, June 6, 2008

SF Meetup Tomorrow, and Market Research

More than one person has told me that they're freaked out by the amount of enthusiasm I display in my materials about meetups. This is funny to me; not because peoples' concerns are funny, but because in real life, I'm the most low-energy person you'll ever meet. Over the years, many people have told me I'm "chill", but I think this is just a euphemism for "has to make a pro/con list to decide if getting out of her chair is worth the effort". Anyway, I wonder how I can make my missives friendlier to people. What about a radical departure along these lines:

Meetup Tomorrow (but it doesn't matter, because you probably won't come).
4pm.
Glen Park BART Station (if you're late, we'll leave without you).
for walking at Glen Canyon (where we'll probably be eaten by coyotes) and possibly eating (if we survive the first part).
Well, it may suck, but it may not. Your call.

A little humor never hurts...

4 comments:

Queers United said...

im so jealous there are asexy meetups everywhere except in NY ;(
http://www.queersunited.blogspot.com

Ily said...

Don't lose heart in NY meetups...NY used to have more meetups than almost anywhere else, with a fairly large group of people. I know some people have had an interest in starting them again, but for whatever reason weren't able to keep them up. It only takes one person to rally the troops!

Queers United said...

I posted on AVEN about it but there seems to be no interest sadly. Or those interested are out of state.

Ily said...

Really? Boo! That's sad...