Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cold Pie, Warm Heart

It wasn't cake, but it was close: We enjoyed much pie at our March 1st meetup at Mission Pie. Six intrepid souls braved the rain. The venue was a good one: Close to BART, cozy, and with a big enough table for us to comfortably share. We talked Pride Parade themes (there will be purple) and found out what the CIA does with their extra pens. See you all in May-- which will be planned much further in advance, if I get my way. Can't wait until May? Impromptu "unofficial" meetups are always welcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I want to invite you to Sex 2.0. I think it would be wonderful to see the asexual movement represented. After all, in our talking about sex, people who don't want it need a place at the table too.

"Sex 2.0 will focus on the intersection of social media, feminism, and sexuality. How is social media enabling people to learn, grow, and connect sexually? How is sexual expression tied to social activism? Does the concept of transparency online offer new opportunities or present new roadblocks — or both? These questions, and many more, will be addressed within a safe, welcoming, sex-positive space."

http://www.sex20con.com/

If you think it looks interesting, spread the word around.

I hope to see you there!

Ily said...

That does look interesting, and it would be great to have us represented there. I'd really like to go, but it's a little far for me. Maybe I can see if any East Coast folks would be interested.

Anonymous said...

So... What does the CIA do with it's extra pens? What? What?!